Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Being Stuck and Other Gripes

I was talking to someone over the weekend and I realized that I have been unemployed now for about 2 months. This isn't bad.....I know someone who has been looking since the beginning of the year and it could be worse. I know this, and I am doing everything to keep my chin up. Along with this I had another revelation. With the exception of a brief time in the mid 90's I have never been without a job. This fills me with anxiety and a sense of urgency. I FEEL STUCK. Like I can't move, or act or make a decision. Am I not trying hard enough, or am I being too picky? I don't know....maybe. I also feel like that kid I was in the late 80's when I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. I still don't know the answer to this question. Who does? Maybe I am just being moody.
As I embark on my journey of career change I hope I am doing the right thing. Can a 39 year old woman who suddenly can't remember little things about conversations (I used to remember too much) really go back to school? I guess we will have to see.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, of course you can go back to school... My mom was the same age when she went back... and she had 2 kids to juggle on top of it. You will be awesome no matter what you choose.

    ReplyDelete