Monday, March 15, 2010

Pie Wars

Along with unemployment comes the weight gain. My Sweetheart (who is also unemployed) and I have decided to go to the gym 4 times a week which has gone great so far, as I have gained 15 pounds since I lost my job in June. What can I say, I have had more intense food cravings...I am a food addict, yes, I said it. It's either that or drink my entire wine collection (which is slowly dwindling down). So which one is better? I don't know, but at least with the extra exercise I can keep the further weight gain under control. Perhaps if I share the wealth I can refrain from eating. One of my many obsessions: Icebox pie. Here are a couple that I love and where to find them.


The first is the Lemon Icebox pie from Tom's Home Cooking in Five Points (Denver): What makes this pie so good is it is the perfect combination of tartness with a lovely sweet graham cracker crust, with whip cream not meringue.
Tom's Home Cooking
800 East 26th Avenue
Denver, CO 80205-5147
(303) 388-8035 (call each day for the menu)



The second is the absolutely evil Peanut Butter Pie from Granny Scott's Pie shop in Lakewood. I can't tell you how they make such a rich tasting pie with such a light consistency but, holy cow, it is awesome! It is a really good thing that this place is not close by me because I would be HUGE. Try it with a sandwich or soup special where everything comes with a slice of pie!
3333 South Wadsworth Boulevard
Lakewood, CO 80227-5118
(303) 986-6240 www.grannyscottspieshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment