Monday, August 24, 2009

To Change or Not to Change

I recently went to a career counseling class to see what else I might be good at. I was very surprised at what I tested well for. According to my many tests and scores I should be working in Health Care, namely: radiology. I do find the field interesting BUT I was still shocked. I already have a B. A. in Psychology and I was thinking about going further with that but my tests showed that I was less suited for counseling....huh, go figure. I see that Community College of Denver has a program, Great, its a 3 semester program, OK.....pre-requisites: English composition, no problem, Intro Psychology or Intro Sociology (I have taken both), something called Intro to Medical Terminology, sounds fascinating, Intro to Radiology, excellent.....then I get to the kiss of death: Mat 121 or higher. I think uh oh.....is that Math? I look it up in the course catalog and yes it is, Algebra to be exact; my nemesis, what almost prevented me from getting my B.A. in the first place........
I am really excited about making a career change and applying for the program but suddenly I am freaking out. I now must figure out if I willing to put myself through that hell or re-evaluating this whole thing. Ack...the drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment